Today, Russia distinguishes from the Federal budget for science is ten times less than developed countries, said Thursday the Chairman of the state Duma Committee on science and education Vyacheslav Nikonov.
Despite a surplus in the Federal Treasury, the giant reserves of the national welfare Fund and the order of the President to make a technological breakthrough, the gap in funding of scientific research is only growing.
"If two years ago, the size of public Finance allocated to science, we lag behind the US in 28 times, today we are lagging behind by 33. From China, we were behind by 18 times, is now lagging behind in 22 times, from Germany, we were behind by five times, now behind eight times. From South Korea in the total volume of state financing of science in Russia is lagging behind in four times", - said Nikonov.
Russian science, he continued, is unique in the world, where a third decade in a row reduces the number of researchers.
"May decrees" of 2012 about the development of science was a failure. They demanded to increase spending on research and development to 1.77% of GDP. "In reality, they now amount to 1.11 % of GDP," stated Nikonov, stressing that the consequence of this policy is "lagging behind on those parameters that determine the future of the country" (quoted by TASS).
In 2018 on civilian science from the Federal budget it has been allocated 420,5 billion rubles - three times less than the maintenance of the officials and bodies of state power (1.3 trillion roubles), 5 times less than the law enforcement system (2 trillion rubles), and 7 times less than the army and enterprises working on the state defense order (3 trillion rubles).
Compared with the crisis 2016-17 biennium funding of science increased by 42.6 billion, or 11.2%, but it is still lower than in 2013 (425 billion rubles).
If you evaluate the cost in real terms, adjusted for inflation, they are at levels of 10 years ago, and over the past 6 years has fallen by 28% calculated HSE experts.
And even those modest funds allocated by the government, mostly go for research in Economics and national issues: in 2018 for this purpose was spent 54.5% of budget.
Applied research in health got only 5,9% of the money, or 24 million rubles.
- 02-07-2020The future of data centers
- 20-06-2020Vladimir Kitov: "it is Impossible to understand how scientists-pioneers foresaw the universal computerization in the 50's!"
- 08-06-2020How many qubits needed for quantum superiority?
- 16-05-2020Ten technologies that will shake the world in 2020
- 31-03-2020How to design the city based robotic transport
- 23-08-2013Earth vs. The sun, or the change of magnetic poles
- 30-11--0001Physics saw the beginning of times and confirmed the expansion of the Universe
- 30-09-2010From Russia suggest that you escape as soon as possible