In the fall of 2008, Newspapers were full of headlines reporting that in the bowels of the Large hadron Collider (LHC), where physicists were going to split a substance into elementary particles, born of microscopic black holes, can absorb the Earth. What is the significance of the TANK for science? What are scientists looking for? Why physics might soon make one of the greatest spurts in its history? All these issues are discussed in the book "Collider". The author, among other things, proves why it is impossible either practically or theoretically, that the LHC will cause black mini-hole, which everyone is so afraid of.
Publisher: Penguin Books / John Wiley & Sons
Year: 2010 / 2009
- 14-10-2019The most dangerous pseudoscientists countries: integramouse, pseudo-historians and other bigots
- 09-08-2019Eduard projdakov: "At the time you pulled electronics personal computers. Now it will pull the robots"
- 27-07-2019Ten global challenges that today solve technology
- 26-06-2019Top 10 technology trends in data processing and Analytics in 2019, according to Gartner
- 23-08-2013Earth vs. The sun, or the change of magnetic poles
- 30-11--0001Physics saw the beginning of times and confirmed the expansion of the Universe
- 30-09-2010From Russia suggest that you escape as soon as possible