In the fall of 2008, Newspapers were full of headlines reporting that in the bowels of the Large hadron Collider (LHC), where physicists were going to split a substance into elementary particles, born of microscopic black holes, can absorb the Earth. What is the significance of the TANK for science? What are scientists looking for? Why physics might soon make one of the greatest spurts in its history? All these issues are discussed in the book "Collider". The author, among other things, proves why it is impossible either practically or theoretically, that the LHC will cause black mini-hole, which everyone is so afraid of.
Publisher: Penguin Books / John Wiley & Sons
Year: 2010 / 2009
- 05-01-2020Nine major technological breakthroughs 2019
- 27-11-2019The Creator of the Internet told me how to do it all well
- 19-11-2019How much energy is needed for the brain to work?
- 12-11-2019Seven technologies that will define the year 2020
- 26-10-2019Space travel, underground house and burgers from beetles. Samsung showed its vision of the future world
- 23-08-2013Earth vs. The sun, or the change of magnetic poles
- 30-11--0001Physics saw the beginning of times and confirmed the expansion of the Universe
- 30-09-2010From Russia suggest that you escape as soon as possible