Allegedly, the 3D printing technology allowed to eliminate the need for welded seams — the weak point of the engines manufactured by conventional methods.
New jet engine is powered by clean and renewable fuel – biopropane. In the future, this will reduce carbon emissions into the atmosphere at up to 90 percent compared to traditional rocket fuel.
A feature of the second stage of the new booster Rocket Prime is that its body is made of aluminum alloy and carbon fiber, making it 30 percent lighter than any other media category. At a height of 17 meters and diameter of 1.3 meters Prime Rocket refers to a light class of carrier rockets and is able to bring several hundred pounds of cargo, depending on orbit height.
Conclusion compact heliosynchronous and satellites in polar orbit is the direction and the niche on market of space launches, which the company Orbex wants to take over the next few years. The first Prime Rocket launching should take place in 2021 from the spaceport in Scotland. Orbex has also signed a contract with Swiss Astrocast SA to the terminal 10 of nanosatellites for global IoT network in 2023.
- 15-04-2019ZDF (Germany): the Russian space program — where are you going?
- 12-04-2019NASA is funding the development of 18 fantastic technology for space exploration
- 03-04-2019Eastern coup. Russia leaves Baikonur, but continues to invest money in it
- 11-03-2019Our space industry. Look at industry issues from the perspective of an ordinary developer
- 06-02-2019Artificial intelligence in 2019: the current state of things
- 23-08-2013Earth vs. The sun, or the change of magnetic poles
- 30-11--0001Physics saw the beginning of times and confirmed the expansion of the Universe
- 30-09-2010From Russia suggest that you escape as soon as possible