The Ministry of economy, trade and industry of Japan intends to support the project with 173 million dollars in the framework of the program of state support for projects aimed at returning the country the title of technological leader. Positions were lost in competition with South Korea and China. By the way, the Chinese supercomputer is now the title of the fastest in the world.
According to the source, referring to the participants of the project, the system should enter into operation next year. Its design capacity is 130 PFLOPS. Note that the performance of the above-mentioned Chinese supercomputer Sunway TaihuLight reaches 96 PFLOPS.
One use of the Japanese supercomputer called artificial intelligence (AI), more deep learning neural networks, operating on the principles borrowed from the human intellect. Not surprisingly, the project is called ABCI (AI Bridging Cloud Infrastructure, which can be translated as "cloud infrastructure access to AI"). Will participate in the project, a Fujitsu company, has created the fastest supercomputer today, the Japanese Oakforest-PACS, the performance of which is 13.6 PFLOPS, is still unknown.
- 26-06-2019Top 10 technology trends in data processing and Analytics in 2019, according to Gartner
- 06-06-2019The technology of the future. How artificial intelligence will be in 2019?
- 03-06-2019Three private companies for NASA sent landers to the moon in 2020-2021 years
- 05-05-2019How will look life after 100 years
- 23-08-2013Earth vs. The sun, or the change of magnetic poles
- 30-11--0001Physics saw the beginning of times and confirmed the expansion of the Universe
- 30-09-2010From Russia suggest that you escape as soon as possible