The Internet has simplified and accelerated the communication between people, human society, state human society. The acceleration of information transfer and communication have resulted in the acceleration of all societal processes of social transformation. Improvement of information technologies leads to the acceleration of social and historical time. The world is changing at the same rate with which technology is changing the transmission and receiving of information.
The development of information technology today characterizes and determines the strategic development of the state and society, the ego of economic growth and its influence in the world, because information and time are the main resource of the state, society and person.
Information technology and the extent of their development determines the relations between States in the international arena. The confrontation and the clash of contradictions between the States left in area, and the main front of confrontation has shifted from the physical world to the virtual world.
The world is greatly changed, both technologically and in the social field. The phenomena seemed distant theoretical predictions have become a reality and is successfully implemented.
It has almost become a commonplace and integral part of modern life concepts such as "computer virus", "information war," "the social network", a "color revolution", "controlled chaos", "attack", and so on.
Over the past few years the vector of most threats to national security has shifted to the information sphere, in particular, and military threats. Today is not a secret that in order to defeat the enemy, you must have a strong information technology and resources.
Events in North Africa and the middle East 2010-2013, referred to as the "Arab spring" and the ensuing crisis and chaos in the countries of the "Arab spring", the events in Ukraine 2013, the so-called "revolution of dignity", the events in Syria and the accompanying lies in the Western media, honest-to installation videos, open and blatant lie and slander on the site of the UN security Council, Russia demonstrated to the whole world the power of information technologies and their impact on the masses. And exposing the activities of the national security Agency of USA former CIA and NSA Edward Snowden showed the world the urgency of ensuring not only information security and information sovereignty.
Introduced in 2014, the United States and Europe sanctions against Russia, the blockade of the Crimea demonstrated the need for intensive development of their own information and telecommunication systems, interbank system of information transfer, software, communications and transmission, means of protection of the Russian segment of the Internet and data protection systems of banks, legal entities and individuals.
Information struggle between the different actors of the political and economic process can be both information-technical and information-psychological. If the main object of the first type of struggle are information technology system, second – biosocial, i.e. man, his mental, moral and spiritual world, socio-political, psychological orientation, attitudes, relationships, rational and irrational aspects of the behaviour of the system общ6ественного opinions and decision-making. The information sphere can be charged not only positive but also negative sign. The latter gives rise to the problem of ensuring information security of the individual, which could and should function on different levels: social, professional, group and individual.
5 Dec 2016 Vladimir Putin approved the new Doctrine of information security of the Russian Federation. The previous document was adopted in 2000. What is the difference of these two documents and what's new in Doctrine 2016?
Because the Doctrine of 2000 was made under the conditions of the initiation practices of strategic planning and the regulatory framework of information security pawned, after 16 years in this sphere there was some institutionalization of relations and processes in the information sphere, and indeed the media sphere has taken a significant leap in its development, why the new document differs significantly systematization and ordering of the understanding of the information sphere, security, threats, interests, goals and objectives in this area in the medium term.
The information security doctrine of 2016 consists of 5 parts:
- General provisions. This part provides definitions of the used terms, and operates in meanings embedded in the document. This definition of Russia's national interests in the information sphere, threats to information security, information security of the Russian Federation, information security, force information security tools and information security systems, information infrastructure of the Russian Federation.
- National interests in the information sphere.
- Basic information threats and information security.
- Strategic objectives and main directions of ensuring information security.
- Organizational foundations of information security.
The document has a logical structure and more consistently and broadly describes the current status and problems in this field, clearly defined national interests and objectives in the field of ensuring information security of Russia. However, part of the information security threat is selected or the threats or the threats themselves. In the Doctrine of 2000 was the division into external and internal threats, and they were listed. The authors of the Doctrine of 2016 were limited to a description of the state and the current state of Affairs in the information sphere and in the sphere of interstate cooperation in this field. In the new document, there are no sources of threats and their differentiation. It is not clear why the authors away from this issue. In order for something to counter, you need to understand what are the threats and what is the source of these threats. The doctrine of 2016 is in the nature of the statement of facts already accomplished and of what this area lacks. But there is absolutely no clarity, specificity and consistency of understanding of the system of ensuring information security of the country. It is not clear what will be facing the state in this area of the problem.
Documents of this format, which is a strategic planning document must define the following:
- What it is and why it is important.
- Our interests and priorities in this area.
- Our goals and objectives in this area.
- What are the threats today and in the future.
- What are the sources of threats.
- What are the conditions and preconditions of emergence of threats in this area.
- What are the problems.
- What you need to solve problems and counter threats.
- Who and how to do it.
- What is the expected result.
However, the authors of such documents with the tenacity of a go to answer specific questions and to define concrete concepts. If they do not know and do not understand, then why not to employ on such document the best specialists in this field? Whether intentionally, the authors sidestep the thorny questions of the topic.
Information security is a very important area for ensuring national security and national welfare, economic growth, development of science and education. Maybe our good old habit of writing documents in the void and they do not read, the authors of the Doctrine of 2016 is limited to the description, not the deep systemic analysis of the information sphere. However, further development of this field in our country will be seen in specific actions and specific results.
- 17-08-2020Blockade of Venezuela raise the question of the power of the Russian Navy
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere