Information space today: the war of the new generation
The development of information technology has led to a "reformatting" of the Internet – now it is not only a convenient platform for communication, but also a potential "tool" that becomes a dangerous weapon in the hands of experienced hackers. In the 90-ies recognized the necessity of regulation of the Internet sphere on the international level, but up to the present time, the lack of international legislation in this field opens up opportunities for States, as well as various groups and factions to implement the global network point of cyber attacks.
The revitalization of this area leads to the conclusion that world war III has already begun – and this cyber war has become a convenient mechanism for implementing the interests of the participating actors. Such a war of a new generation of cheaper and more convenient wars of the old generation with a group of highly skilled specialists in IT-technologies that use the can hack the servers or disable the control system of a particular type of weapon. In contrast to classical wars, it is difficult to trace the start time of cyberwar – to the extent that the fact of the attack on a particular server is not always possible to detect. Such a war is potentially complete, the software can establish not only the state but also the various factions. And that is extremely important, there is no framework of international regulation in this field. However, despite its fundamentally new nature of cyber warfare may lead to the deployment of full-scale hostilities.
The problem of cybersecurity: a Russian-American vector
The number one topic in the debate between the candidates for U.S. President, was Russia – which, in principle, to be expected, given the injection of anti-Russian sentiment in the West. Here and accusations of Hillary Clinton to the Republican candidate about his "Pro-Russian orientation" and the mobilization against the "Russian threat". Hot topic discussions related to the hacker attack on the headquarters of the democratic party, allegedly sanctioned by the government of the Russian Federation. WikiLeaks continues to publish the "secret files of the American electoral race", increasing the degree of Russian-American contradictions – after all, according to American experts, sponsored by WikiLeaks that Russia, thereby illegally interfering with the US electoral process.
If at the beginning of the year, the White house did not accuse any country of involvement in the attacks, in October 2016 in Moscow was put forward formal charges of hacking attacks. Moscow denies the allegations, in keeping with the position, articulated by the press Secretary D. Peskov: "Putin's website daily attacks tens of thousands of hackers. Many attacks are traced from the United States. We do not blame every time the White house or Langley,". Do these threads to Moscow, yet with absolute confidence to say, one thing is clear: Washington is now considering Russia as a real threat, and the level of opposition to "deepening" – Russian broke into the American information space, revealing its vulnerability. This is a real problem for the United States. For us, it's good PR. The same as the operation in Syria – a successful advertising of our weapons.
It is worth noting that since the mid-2000s, the U.S. systematically are not only matters of security in the information space, but working off of maneuvers respond to cyber threats and actively work to build cyber capacity. In the national security Strategy of 2015, the United States recognized their "special responsibility" for network world and are willing "to fight cyber attacks and to punish malicious participants in cyberspace, including pursuing them criminally for their illegal activities". Regular exercises of the NATO response to cyber attacks. However, despite the fact that the United States sees itself as a leader in the field of IT-technologies and really working on information security, it has not helped to prevent hacking of the network of National Committee of the democratic party. And if we are talking about the leakage of information – in this case, can have diplomatic consequences, we can only guess what would be the consequences of attacks on control system of a state like the United States.
The image of Russia in the changing world
Will the "hacking scandal" our image in the international arena? Already changing. As practice shows, despite the existence of the concept of "soft power" foreign policy strategy of the Russian Federation, we continue to give priority to power "hard". Which is to be expected, and probably reasonable. The West wants to see us as equal partner – we don't want to be in the position of partner are unequal. A hackneyed phrase that "Russia has risen from knees" in fact, it turns out, really reflects the current situation – despite the objective existence of internal problems, Russia is ready to defend its interests. Also, as our "sworn enemies" around the world.
Panic in Russian society in connection with the escalating tension in the press about the impending Third world war, of course, premature in the sense that wars in the old sense of the word will not and cannot be, given the nuclear status of the Russian Federation and the United States. The problem is that the war has already begun. Only a new type of war – local conflicts in third countries, with the destabilization of political regimes, with these new weapons. War in the information space and information space. "Cold world" with the implicit present military dimensions.
- The national security strategy of the United States. 15 February 2015.
- Moncler G. war of the XXI century // international review of the red cross. No. 849-852, 2003. URL:cyberleninka.ru/article/n/voyny-xxi-veka#ixzz4OkCo5j6y.
- Kazakovtsev A. B. NATO and cyber security // Vestnik of Volgograd state University. Series 4: History. Regional studies. International relations. No. 2, 2012.
- Kabernik V. cyber-warfare and cyber-warfare / the Center for military-political studies. URL: eurasian-defence.ru/node/3115.
- Cybersecurity as a major factor in national and international security of the XXI century. Borodakiy Yu. V., Dobrodeev A. Yu., Butusov, I. V.// Questions of cybersecurity. No. 1. 2013. URL: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/kiberbezopasnost-kak-osnovnoy-faktor-natsionalnoy-i-mezhdunarodnoy-bezopasnosti-hh-veka-chast-1#ixzz4OkrhYUza
- Kuzmovich A. V. Evolution of the theory of modern war, Army and society. No. 1(33). 2013. URL: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/evolyutsiya-vzglyadov-na-teoriyu-sovremennoy-voyny#ixzz4Okr34pgb
- Sokolova S. N. Security companies: the threat of cyberwar and "network war" // Bulletin of the Polesie state University. Series of social Sciences and Humanities. No. 1 / 2014. URL: cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sfera-bezopasnosti-obschestva-ugroza-kibervoyny-i-setevye-voyny#ixzz4OktArPtf
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 06-12-2017That can make science 600 billion dollars?
- 02-12-2017More small space?
- 10-08-2017Hiroshima and Nagasaki destroyed atomic bombs of Hitler?
- 17-02-2017Planet Labs launched into space hundreds of tiny satellites around the clock to remove the entire surface of the Earth. Why is it important?
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere