Revision of the basic directions of development of information security systems provoked a reaction on the part of developers means offensive information weapons or means of special software and mathematical impact.
First of all, it influenced the revision of the foundations of tactics of conducting combat actions information.
Given that modern computer networks have considerable structural stability, the emphasis is on practicing the conduct of massive information attacks aimed at disrupting the normal functioning of computer networks, by blocking access to information resources.
Successful implementation of this approach contributes to two circumstances:
- the mass distribution of corporate email (MS Outlook, Lotus Notes), which has a number of drawbacks;
- the mass distribution systems to control the operation of networks (HP Open View, etc.), control algorithms in which threads, also have serious shortcomings.
Examples of successful attacks using the vulnerabilities of the programs listed above can serve as the events associated with the spread of the Melissa virus, when a few days were paralyzed e-mail systems of many companies.
Unfortunately, the problem of macro viruses (to which belongs and Melissa) are currently not resolved.
Today already developed a number of algorithms allowing to write viruses, which fundamentally cannot be detected by any existing methods either today or in the near future.
A number of specialists notedthat the virus is written in a virtual machine, is very time-consuming to analyze with traditional methods. If such viruses spread, it is unlikely that the existing anti-virus industry can effectively combat them. It is quite natural. The virus sooner or later had to become more complicated to the extent that when a few professionals with the help of “manual” analysis is nothing you can do.
Along with the problem of massive attacks from macro viruses and e-mail systems, recently received publicity information about the works in the field of creation of “cybernetic organisms”.
This is a small (50 to 100 lines of code) of programs that are automatically generated by special software using genetic algorithms optimization, to minimize long code. The implementation of such a program in the automated system of air traffic control will allow to paralyse major aviation hub in just a few tens of minutes.
The program for the development of the SPMS of this type has received the name of CVCM (Computer Virus Countermeasures).
The most promising way of implementing such programmes is the remote method implementation. If you implement this method, you use the remote defeat of the automated system by hovering over her virus by using a directional electromagnetic field, the modulated code of the virus.
In a number of information sources associated with the prospective satellite communication system Teledesic, see "service attachment", which can be seen as this kind of "cybernetic organism".
Another direction in the improvement of information weapons is the creation of a network of intelligent software agents, which are usually tasked with providing information weapons. One such development is the GenPage and Genetix, . System such software agents form the basis for the formation of virtual architecture joint intelligence (Joint Intelligence Virtual Architecture, JIVA).
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere