Energy and economic investment
Economic relations of China with the Middle East has enhanced its status due to the official launch of the Initiative "One belt and One road" in 2013. At the third plenary session of the 18th Congress of the Central Committee of the Communist party of China in Beijing the middle East was called the "adjacent" region. This shows that the middle East is currently included in the priority geo-strategic area of China.
The economic attractiveness of China is its momentum from countries in the Middle East. Washington should closely monitor the efforts of the Chinese initiative "One belt and One road" in the region and to be attentive to infrastructure projects that may have negative security implications for the US presence in the region. In a broader sense, the United States should focus on working with allies and partners to encourage China to act in accordance with international standards for trade and investment, to support it when it is profitable, and to exert pressure, when necessary[x].
International Relations, Vol. 24, No. 1, January/February 2014, p. 41-42.
- 17-08-2020Blockade of Venezuela raise the question of the power of the Russian Navy
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere