Although the French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius presented the vote of resolution 2118 on chemical weapons Syria is almost like its own merit, this document marks the victory of Russia and President Bashar al-Assad. From it arise two consequences, which finally put an end to Anglo-French pretensions to the country.
Once you got past the surprise that America is on the situation in Syria made a sharp turn, started to emerge a new political situation, exactly conforming to the plans developed jointly by Russia and Syria in June 2012, that is before the conference "Geneva 1". During this period, the Kremlin had intended to negotiate an agreement with Washington, which would simultaneously resolve the Syrian crisis and allow President Obama to get out of his suffocating confrontation with Israel. However, this plan, which was to be a partition plan for the management of the Middle East, assumed the presence of Russian troops in Syria. General Hassan Turkmani suggested that mediation forces under the UN mandate have been deployed by the Organization of the Contract on collective Security ("Russian NATO"), just as the UN forces monitor the disengagement on the Golan heights which is Syrian territory.
The idea of deployment of CSTO forces was maintained. The CSTO was signed in September 2012 with the Department of peacekeeping Operations of the UN Protocol, which allows it, like NATO, to support the campaign of the UN Security Council. For one, the CSTO has prepared 50,000, which could take a position less than two weeks. However, Moscow was afraid of falling into the trap: for the destruction of the Soviet Army, the CIA together with Saudi Arabia in 1979 created the international jihadist movement, which is today known under the name of al Qaeda. Could Syria become Russian Army new Afghanistan?
Because of U.S. inconsistency this project was suspended but not forgotten. However, the resolution of the crisis with chemical weapons opens up new possibilities.
First, resolution 2118 is not satisfied with the support of the Russian plan for destruction of chemical warfare agents produced according to the Syrian chemical program of the 80-ies, it unequivocally supports President Bashar al-Assad in power for at least one year so that he could monitor the destruction of chemical weapons stockpiles. Thus, the West not only does not require his resignation, but will contribute to the extension of his mandate and the postponement of the upcoming presidential election.
- Secondly, the transfer of Syria on the list of stores of chemical weapons to the Organization for the prohibition of chemical weapons (OPCW) makes them vulnerable, since this list will undoubtedly fall into the hands of "armed opposition". How would the Arab Syrian Army did not try, she will not be able simultaneously to fight with international jihadists throughout the country and to protect them from their arsenals. Foreseeing this situation, the heads of CSTO member States gathered at the head with Vladimir Putin on 23 September in Sochi (that is, four days before the voting of resolution 2118 in the Security Council) gave the order on preparedness for the destruction of chemical weapons, if it is demanded by the Security Council. Armenian, Belarusian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Russian and Tajik troops will not be arranged between two warring camps, as it was envisaged a year and a half ago, and to be dispersed so as to ensure the protection of national arsenals. Their mission, therefore, will be much easier and more efficient.
To this end, from 7 to 11 October in Kazakhstan will exercise the forces of the CSTO, which will be attended by 2,500 troops.
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere