Becoming the sole superpower, the United States could more or less use military force to protect its interests, imposing their wishes and even eliminate their opponents. Recently, however, a painful and discouraging experience results after the September 11 attacks forced many Americans do not only regret, but also afraid to go to war to solve problems abroad. In parallel, the improvement of defensive military capabilities of potential enemies begin to undermine the effectiveness of offensive forces, despite the military superiority of the United States.
Original source: "The Power to Coerce. Countering Adversaries Without Going to War"
The review was prepared by Marina Smirnova
- 17-08-2020Blockade of Venezuela raise the question of the power of the Russian Navy
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere