The capture of Palmyra by militants of the banned terrorist group "Islamic state" is a consequence of the inconsistency of the coalition led by the US, the Syrian authorities and Moscow. This was stated by the President of Russia Vladimir Putin, reports "RIA Novosti".
"Everything that is happening in Palmyra, is the result of uncoordinated actions between the so-called international coalition, the Syrian authorities and Russia", — said the President at a press conference after talks with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
Putin also stressed that "many times told" that in order to achieve results in the fight against terrorists, "need to unite".
Earlier that the attack by terrorists on Palmyra was due to the lack of interaction between the U.S. and Russia, said Putin's press Secretary Dmitry Peskov. He noted that the cooperation would enable all "effectively avoid" such incidents.
The Syrian army announced that left Palmyra under the onslaught of the militants, 11 December. As clarified by the Governor of the province of HOMS, where the Palmyra, the city was captured by terrorists "Islamic state". According to the Russian Ministry of defense, the attack involved more than five thousand militants, who broke into the city using cars with bombers.
As stated by the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, the time to attack on Palmyra was chosen by the insurgents for a reason. According to him, terrorists attacked Palmyra, to stop the offensive of government forces in Eastern Aleppo. "They are obtaining from Aleppo to the Syrian army moved to Palmyra and the attack was stopped. This, of course, will not" — said Assad.
The Washington Post analyzed the photos associated with ISIS Agency Amaq, and suggested that in the city there are a large number of different small arms and heavier weapons, in particular anti-aircraft missile system s-125. However, the defense Ministry assured that the weapon which could be seized by militants, not a threat to the international coalition.
On the eve of the General staff of the Armed forces of the Russian Federation said that the Syrian forces, with Russian support, began to prepare a counter-attack on Palmyra. As reported by Lieutenant General Victor Pozniki currently line of defense is in the area of Tias airport and Tifor.
- 10-08-2017Hiroshima and Nagasaki destroyed atomic bombs of Hitler?
- 17-02-2017Planet Labs launched into space hundreds of tiny satellites around the clock to remove the entire surface of the Earth. Why is it important?
- 04-12-2016Nuclear flying monster. As in the Soviet Union was building nuclear aircraft
- 16-10-2016What modern nuclear warhead. Troubling questions about nuclear war
- 11-07-2016National Interest: the U.S. Navy is faced with challenges unprecedented since Soviet times
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world