Every year the country registered 526 thousand dorozhno-transport incidents in which, according to the Saudi red Crescent killed about 1 million 200 thousand people. The damage from the accident is estimated at about 21 billion rials (about 5.5 billion US dollars).
On average, 17 corpses daily for a country with a population of 28 million people – a reason to sound the alarm. Here and scored. It would seem that nothing out of the ordinary and special attention this information does not deserve.
But interestingly, one of the main causes of accidents (according to the Saudi police – every sixth) is finding the drivers in a condition of narcotic intoxication. And here it is time to talk about a more serious problem – the rapid growth of drug use in the Kingdom and other Gulf monarchies.
Crimes related to drugs, account for 27% of the total of all crimescommitted in the Kingdom, and, for the year their number increased by almost a quarter (23%).
Behind the facade of religious piety lurks an extensive network of sales and consumption. Last month, the Ministry of internal Affairs of the country reported on the results of nearly six months of operation to defeat one of the drug networks in the Kingdom – from the arrests of distributors to overlapping of channels of deliveries from abroad. The results in figures:
- Confiscated 24 million narcotic pills (ecstasy to the Captagon is made in war-torn Syria and the border areas of Lebanon), 19 tons of hashish and 4 kg of heroin (from Afghanistan!).
- Arrested 1461, of which 512 are indigenous Saudis and others represent 38 nationalities.
- During the operation, were injured varying degrees of severity (ended for some fatal) 14 law enforcement officers.
- From drug dealers confiscated 15 guns, 99 guns, hand grenades and huge quantity of ammunition to automatic weapons.
And in just the past five years, law enforcement authorities in the Kingdom have seized and destroyed drugs for a total amount of 29 billion Saudi riyals ($7.7 billion). According to experts, is only a tenth of the Saudi drug market.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg. "Under water" — involved in drug trafficking princes of the ruling dynasty of al Saud. The theme – rich, therefore, I focus only on two facts.
In 1999, Prince Naif bin Sultan bin al Fawwāz-Shaalan "picked up" by smuggling two tons of cocaine from Venezuela to France. Because he had diplomatic status, Paris just declared him persona non grata and sent home. The charge "conspiracy to distribute cocaine" nominated him and the United States. Later he was sentenced in absentia by a French court to 10 years in prison, but, as you know, Riyadh it will not.
By the way, if someone interested – this event is a very gooddocumentary available for free viewing.
In October 2015, the Lebanese security forces seized the Beirut airport two tons of cocaine and Captagon tablets (which, as the product of the Syrian war mentioned above). Which are loaded into the private plane of Prince Abd al-Muhsin bin Walid bin Abd al-Aziz al Saud (born in 1986). 9 bags and 25 cartons, each with a label that says "Private property of a companion of His Majesty the king [of Saudi Arabia] Prince Abd al-Mohsen bin Walid bin Abd al-Aziz al Saud".
Today in the Kingdom need to pass the narcotest when applying for a job and in marriage. Now it will be obliged to pass those who are going to get a driver's license. Police cracks down on drug trafficking, the authorities do not intend to mitigate the country's legislation in this area (what they are, however, quite delicately, hinting Western human rights activists). But drugs, it seems. in this fight to win, more and more occupying the Kingdom. As, however, and other monarchies of the Gulf and the region as a whole.
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere