The defeat of the "Islamic state" (IG banned in Russia) in the middle East has not affected the ability of groups to organize terrorist attacks, said us intelligence officials and military advisers in the Senate, reports Reuters.
IG the past two years, engaged in external transactions, the terrorists responsible for "at least 20 attacks against Western interests since the beginning of the year," said the Director of intelligence at the National counterterrorism center USA Laura de Chaillot. "Unfortunately, we don't see how the loss of the territory of the IG turns into a reduction in the ability to "encourage" the attack," said Chaillot in Senate Committee.
The terrorists ' ability to communicate with "sympathetic" to them by people around the measure through social media is "unprecedented", which allows ISIS to access a large number of extremists inside the country, she added.
"The destruction of the Caliphate on the physical level does not mean the end of ISIS as a global terrorist organization," said assistant Secretary of defense for special operations mark Mitchell. With the loss of territory IG will rely more on virtual communication and will continue to "inspire stray dogs" to attack innocent people.
"It's a new Caliphate in cyberspace," said Republican representative of the Committee on homeland security and governmental Affairs Ron Johnson.
Earlier, the head of the General staff of the Russian Armed forces Valery Gerasimov stated that the territory controlled by ISIL, in Syria no longer exist, which means the victory on the Caliphate in the country. According to the Pentagon, in Iraq and Syria is about 3 thousand terrorists.
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere