The Deputy noted that the situation with the downed Russian plane was obscure points for Turkey.
"The violation of the airspace within 17 seconds and the repetition of such violations, of course, unacceptable. But put it to the side. The decision to shoot down the plane was made in the air. Such decisions are made by the pilot, and it is guided by rules of engagement," said Aktay.
He stressed that the pilot can't shoot down aircraft that violated the airspace in the short term and intends to leave him."
"The destruction of the Russian plane, which was clear, had already left the airspace, raises questions", — he added.
According to him, Turkey has defended the actions of its pilot, "not to question our rules of engagement".
"The end result is Turkey and Russia have solved problems among themselves, thank God. But if these messages (about the detention of the pilots, who shot down the su-24) is confirmed, this helps to improve the relationship between Russia and Turkey and stimulates existing agreements between the two countries", — concluded the act.
The Turkish air force on November 24 last year shot down a Russian su-24 bomber. In Ankara claim that the downed aircraft has violated Turkish airspace. The defense Ministry said the su-24 remained in the skies over Syria.
After a coup attempt in Turkey, justice Minister Bekir bozdag said that the pilots who shot down Russian su-24 in November of last year, are among those arrested in the case of a military coup.
Later, the President of the country Tayyip Erdogan said that the detained pilots can be associated with the organization of the opposition Islamic preacher Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish authorities have accused of organizing the mutiny.
- 17-08-2020Blockade of Venezuela raise the question of the power of the Russian Navy
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere