It is worth noting that at the moment, the project is designed to combat malarial mosquitoes, rodents and other species of fauna that represent a danger to humans. Moreover, the representatives of the United Nations has expressed deep concern about such action by DARPA, because such technology can be used for military purposes.
"Many countries fear, when such technology coming from DARPA, the research division of the U.S. army. You can destroy the virus or even the whole population of living organisms, but it can negatively affect other species that depend on them. More concern is the fact that with all the advantages of the disappearance of the threat from the face of the Earth, the consequences can be irreversible if the technology is not going to work as planned".
According to reports, the US government and DARPA are the largest investors that support genetic engineering. From 2008 to 2014 already spent 820 million dollars for research in this area. Modern methods for genome editing such as CRISPR are used to edit the DNA of insects to change the gender. Apparently, something similar is planned and DARPA. At the same time representatives of the Ministry say that the figure of $ 100 million was highly inflated and there is no threat for existence of biological species is not.
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 06-12-2017That can make science 600 billion dollars?
- 02-12-2017More small space?
- 10-08-2017Hiroshima and Nagasaki destroyed atomic bombs of Hitler?
- 17-02-2017Planet Labs launched into space hundreds of tiny satellites around the clock to remove the entire surface of the Earth. Why is it important?
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere