The center will be located on the territory of the British city Porton Down. In the first stage of the complex, the scientists will study the possibility of using AI to control unmanned vehicles, computer security, the possibility of assistance to the command staff and assist in the coordination of actions on the battlefield, but also in the sphere of counteracting the information war. As stated by the Minister of defence of the United Kingdom Gavin Williamson
"Meeting scientists and military experts makes our most brilliant minds to develop new capabilities, then the latest developments can be implemented in a system of Autonomous warfare and even in robotics".
The UK authorities have already spent almost 1 billion US dollars on the development of artificial intelligence systems in the military sector and plans to develop this industry. Many experts are afraid of such a prospect, because we all know many works in which rebellious AI rebelled against humanity. However, the scientists, do not worry, because at the moment the AI is at that stage when it is sharpened only by using a certain task and does not have adequate autonomy in decision-making.
- 18-03-2020The formula of success of the PLA in the struggle against the novel coronavirus
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere