Manual "Russian war of a new generation", consisting of 68 pages, was released in December 2016 and recently got into the Network, writes the journal The National Interest. It is illustrated with photographs and data about Russian technology which can be used to conduct asymmetric warfare.
After analyzing Russian operations in Ukraine and in the Crimea, the authors come to the conclusion that the Russian strategy is based on achieving regime change by combining with the local puppet forces, and not through conventional military victory of the Russian troops. The Russian approach could be to use any leverage it has to achieve changes in the system of government, explain the authors.
The manual noted that Russia has mastered the approach of the US to cover the battlefield with manned and unmanned sensor systems to detect enemy forces, which can then be destroyed by aircraft and artillery.
The weaknesses of Russia, according to the authors of the manuals is the lack of motivation of recruits, weak logistics and a powerful but inaccurate air and artillery support. The armed forces of the United States, among other things, recommend to train in terms of electronic war, when GPS and radio working smoothly.
While the US army and warns of the power of the Russian air defense systems and electronic equipment, it also notes that at present this technique is in short supply and concentrated in Kaliningrad, Ukraine and Syria.
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere