In the book summarizes information on the preparation, organization and information warfare the United States, Britain and their allies in the aggression against Iraq. The book also considered and countermeasures taken by the armed forces of Iraq in the field of information. The collection is intended for persons engaged in studying the problems of information warfare and information warfare.
The armed aggression of the USA, UK and their allies against Iraq in March 2003 was the first large-scale military conflict is not only a new twenty-first century but a new Millennium.
The main feature, the "novelty" of the Iraq war, according to experts, is that directly in the combat action phase was like the cover, ensuring information action phase. It is information on effective actions and special operations and have concentrated the main efforts of the United States. They expected and, ultimately, obtained was the main effect and outcome of the company.
As the analysis of the situation, the building of Iraqi forces in the Baghdad area were given the opportunity to organize a long-term defense of the city. But this did not happen. Hundreds of units of heavy armored vehicles, dozens of aircraft, thousands of guns and mortars, the Iraqi army had abandoned on the battlefield.
The last war in Iraq is different, moreover, and the fact that it, unlike the wars in Iraq in 1991, Of Yugoslavia in 1999. and in Afghanistan in 2001, clearly there is a trend of increase in the proportion of fighting in the information sphere and, consequently, the declining share of the war. From war to war fighting in the information sphere is becoming more sophisticated, aggressive character. Forms and methods of information warfare are becoming more diverse, gradually information covering virtually all spheres of life not only enemies, but also allies, the entire world community.
The war in Iraq demonstrated not only the growing U.S. desire for world domination, but already well-established scheme for achieving this goal:
- the choice of another victim (in a critical geopolitical points, spheres of influence and interests of Russia close to its borders);
- its political, economic, financial and military isolation;
- enhanced action and financial support in advance created a "fifth column";
- decomposition, split, corrupting the political and military elite;
- the operation of threatening and intimidating the population, government and military leaders at all levels of management with the destruction (destruction) of the critical information objects, control objects, culture, Economics and livelihoods, with the mandatory victims civilians;
- holding directly of the military phase of the operation to take control of critically important objects, the establishment of the occupation regime based on the "fifth column";
- the choice of the next victim, etc.
Although direct data about special operations against state, political and military leaders of Iraq there, however, the analysis of combat actions (or rather inaction) of the Iraqi armed forces suggests that the military-political leadership of the country at almost all levels had been bribed in advance, or completely neutralized in their actions. This is confirmed by the fact that during the hostilities in Iraq, the US has practically abandoned its traditional powerful fire impact on the enemy in the beginning of the operation, to achieve full and guaranteed military superiority. It is thought that the military-political leadership of the anti-Iraq coalition was confident in the other's superiority over the enemy information.
Sufficient knowledge on the US prior to the conflict also indicates a relatively low intensity air reconnaissance for the reconnaissance aircraft of the air force and the U.S. Navy made only a few dozen departures. More widely used unmanned aerial vehicles long duration flight.
In General in the previous military campaign in Iraq is clearly visible early and thorough training (at least, at a strategic, governmental level) a consistent set of aims, objectives and activities of information warfare not only in the campaign directly in Iraq, but in the framework of the global strategy of the US conquest of world domination and the retention of the "status quo" of the post-Cold war.
Analyzing the developments, one can conclude that the main objects of the U.S., which has proven to be a powerful informational influence were a particular state, political and military leaders of some of the world's States and leading international organizations. In processing, isolation they mostly succeeded.
The above features of the last war in Iraq necessitate careful study and analysis of the experience of information warfare in the course of its preparation and conduct.
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere