In history, many secret becomes clear, and we now have increasing evidence that the participants of the international coalition operations against Libya should not be confined to "establishing a no-fly zone" or strikes by missiles and aircraft on ground targets.
In open sources now are abundant materials that confirm that along with foreign "military advisers" who were present in Libya officially and for a long time (at least from their posting did not make a secret), in hostilities on the side of the rebels took the most active part of the unit of special operations (SPO)* the countries of the anti-Libyan coalition.
Ended large-scale fighting in Libya has put before the experts some questions. First of all, deserve an analysis of their characteristic features, which became possible in many respects thanks to active use of the SDF the armed forces of the countries participating in the operation.
Pay attention to the most important ones:
1. The high efficiency of strikes means of air attack with virtually no opposition from the air defense forces of Libya. In some cases the accuracy of determination of target coordinates, speed of attack, effective targeting could not be implemented only one space and airborne reconnaissance. It is therefore evident that a significant amount of tasks to ensure the missile and air strikes, especially during close air support was carried out with the participation of aviarabotnikov unit MTR.
2. The dramatic changes that occurred in just a few months with the rebel forces. If at the beginning of the conflict they were actually a bunch of untrained and poorly armed men, who mostly shook the air demonstrative shooting and is continuously retreating, then after a couple months they were able to turn the tide the other way. The available information suggests that one of the main roles role in such "transformations" was played by the instructors.mtrs.
3. Large-scale awareness-psychological operations and other activities of information warfare against Libya, not only at strategic but also at operational and tactical levels. Recall that in the U.S. armed forces is also within the competence of the SSO.
4. Integrated activities for the evacuation of U.S. citizens and other countries from the crisis area.
5. The actual implementation of the concepts of "noncontact wars", which does not require the holding of so-called classical groups operations forces on the ground. Speech, certainly, goes about so-called "rebels," forces (and lives) which the Western countries were implementing in Libya their interests and put into practice the concept of "beskonechnosti". An alternative to the traditional action of ground troops has become a comprehensive combination of the use of means of information warfare, missile and air strikes and actions of the forces of the MTR with the simultaneous actions of the Libyan rebels.
Thus, even an incomplete enumeration of the key features of the operation allows you to pay attention to the significant role played in it by the MTR. And it is obvious that a detailed analysis of all aspects of their use deserve close attention. Of course, a full assessment of the described events to give early, as the main documentary sources (plans CCO, policy and reporting documents, etc) in full will become available for analysis later. But at this stage are available for the study of official documents guiding the U.S. and NATO on the issues of preparation and conduct of special operations. Knowing their situation and comparing them with materials of open sources on the situation in the region and in Libya, to a certain extent, one can form a fairly complete picture of the events.
SECTION 1. THE MTR IN LIBYA: THE ARGUMENTS AND THE FACTS. 5
SECTION 2. SOME CONCEPTUAL APPROACHES IN THE UNITED STATES AND NATO FOR SPECIAL OPERATIONS.. 9
SECTION 3. THE MTR OF THE U.S. ARMED FORCES: THE AFGHAN EXPERIENCE – 16 IN LIBYA...
SECTION 4. THE ACTIVITIES OF THE SDF OF U.S. FORCES ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT BEFORE AND DURING THE LIBYAN CONFLICT.. 19
SECTION 5. "SAS" AND OTHER BRITISH UNITS "SPETSNAZ". 24
SECTION 6. SPETSNAZ AND SPECIAL OPERATIONS LIBYANS.. 27
Tags: war , USA , NATO , Libya , Special Forces
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere