The use of mine-explosive devices (IDD) reached its peak during the wars of the 1970-1980-ies of the past in the Third world, when according to the UN was planted about 100 million landmines, both antipersonnel and antitank, and a large percentage of whom were anti-personnel pressure mines explosive action.
Whether this information is accurate the issue is complex, as other specialists, the UN data were taken "from a ceiling", but nevertheless was a fact that more min, measured in the hundreds of thousands, was installed in Angola, in Mozambique, in Cambodia, in Ethiopia, in Afghanistan, in El Salvador, in Nicaragua. Later, already in 1990-ies in the past wars on the territories of the former Yugoslavia and the USSR, and was also fitted several million mines. One of the leaders here was one of the republics of the former Yugoslavia — Bosnia and Herzegovina, where the UN estimated there were about 3 million mines.
This problem has attracted the attention of the "international community", who decides this kind of weapon to eliminate the arsenals of modern armies.
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere