Find old shells helped the case
The commander of the 16 th army Rokossovsky proposed to use training guns artillery Academy named after Dzerzhinsky. Indeed, in 1938 from Leningrad to Moscow was transferred to the artillery Academy, founded in 1820. But as it turned out, in October 1941, her material part was evacuated to Samarkand. Fortune helped. In the Academy he worked as an elderly man who knew the location of the artillery arsenals in Moscow and the nearest Moscow suburbs, where he was canned worn out and very old artillery systems, ammunition and equipment to them.
Losing a few tanks, German tank battalion was forced to take the equipment. The German command considered the incident an accident and sent a few tanks the other way, but they also ran into anti-tank ambush. At some point the Germans decided that the Russians used some new anti-tank guns. In the end, the enemy offensive was halted all along the front of the 16th army.
Commanders of guns were the old gunners, who participated in the Russo-Japanese war and knew how to handle these monsters. As artillery servants were made by the pupils of 8-10 classes of Moscow special artillery schools.
The defense of Moscow and Leningrad
The 6-inch guns of this design were used in the defense of not only Moscow, but also Leningrad. They have ceased to be used only in 1943.
The gun had a separate loading: the projectile and the powder charge was filed in this gun separately. In artillery warehouses in Sokolniki was the English 6-inch high-explosive shells manufactured by "Vickers". There was also the powder charge, repulsed in the Civil war. When you break the 45-pound shell close to the last tank had rolled over on its side or even become a priest.
To return a trunk gun carriage is not buried in the ground, made wood flooring on top of him and put sheet metal. When you return the carriage slid on the sheet, as along the rail.
Russian siege gun
6-inch siege gun model 1877 — Russian heavy siege artillery gun of 152.4 mm. Weight of the barrel was nearly three tons, the weight of the gun — five tons. The beginning of the war original ammunition for it almost did not survive.
A veteran of several wars
The gun was used extensively in the Russo-Japanese war, world war I, the Civil war in Russia and in other armed conflicts of the early twentieth century. There are several its modifications with trunks of different masses.
Beat direct fire
Guns had no sights, that is why I made the obvious decision — to shoot point-blank, putting the gun to aim through the barrel (this method then is not once had been used during the war). The first shots of the gun crews did from the distance of 500-600 m.
- Caliber, mm — 152,4
- Barrel length, caliber — 22
- The greatest elevation angle, deg — +37,8
- The angle of declination, deg — -16,4
- Weight in firing position, kg 4800
- Mass in the stowed position, kg 5400
- Weight high-explosive projectile, kg is 33.3
- Initial velocity of the projectile, m/sec — 458
- Max firing range, m — 8963
- Recharge rate, in seconds. — 1
In 1917, the Russian heavy artillery were 16 chetyrehjadernyj batteries, armed with 152-mm (6-inch) guns weighing 190 pounds. In the absence of big guns and special power on these batteries was assigned the task of destruction of permanent fortifications and conduct counter-battery fight. The initial version of the gun model 1867/1877 was developed in 1871 Perm gun factory for siege artillery. In 1873 the gun was tested, and in 1875 it was introduced into production at the Obukhov steel works and Perm artillery factories. By 1894 there were 208 made guns of this pattern.
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 07-04-2018Diversionary war against Russia
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere