According to the channel, the General was killed in the mine explosion during the attack of the Syrian army.
"General Issam died today as a result of blasting on a mine near the island Saker," confirmed "RIA Novosti" a source in the Syrian headquarters for the operation.
One of the most visible representatives of the Druze community in Syria, Zahreddin began a military career as an officer in the special forces of the airborne troops of Syria. By the beginning of the country's civil war, he commanded the 104th brigade of the Republican guard, whose commander was previously the current President of Syria Bashar al-Assad.
In 2013, Zahreddin was aimed at protecting the attacked units of the "Islamic state" (IG, an organization banned in Russia) Deir-ez-Zor and was in the besieged city until the blockade in 2017.
In early September, President al-Assad congratulated the General with the lifting of the blockade. "You have proved by their resistance, that the responsibility towards future generations, and you are the best example for future generations", — said the Syrian President.
The General died a few days after the General staff of the Russian army announced that the attack Syrian forces near Deir ez-Zor develops successfully, however one of the most acute problems is the large number of left militants explosive devices.
"To assist the engineering units of the Syrian army in Deir-ez-Zor sent a detachment of the International anti-mine centre of the Armed forces of the Russian Federation. It consists of 171 military and 40 pieces of equipment, and ten specially trained mine-search dogs," — said the General staff.
On 24 September, the Russian defense Ministry reported the death as a result of mortar shelling of General Asamova, who led the group of Russian military advisors helping the Syrian troops in the operation against the militants of the "Islamic state" (IG, an organization banned in Russia) in the region of Deir-ez-Zor.
The source of RBC in the Ministry of defense, who knew Usupova, in conversation with the correspondent of RBC linked the death of General poor work of the Syrian intelligence.
"The Syrian military did not always fulfill their obligations: they are slow, not working properly, including through intelligence. We have many allies in quotation marks, which help the other side," — said the source of RBC.
- 19-01-2020Ten major scientific and technological achievements of 2019, according to the U.S. army
- 13-06-2019Bruce Schneier about the digital threats of the future
- 16-01-2019The biggest danger 2019 — this is war
- 01-01-2019Subcommissie race
- 05-11-2018A Navy without ships. The Russian Navy is on the verge of collapse
- 29-05-2012Drugs in the service of the Third Reich
- 12-09-2010Many experts believe the best tank Merkava main battle tank in the world
- 12-09-2010The Minister of defence of Germany introduced draft large-scale reform of the armed forces
- 21-04-2001To the question about the war of the fourth sphere