The party “Alternative for Germany” (hereafter ADH) is a good example to demonstrate what constitutes the so-called “new right” and how their campaign rhetoric changed given the political specificity of Germany.
The appearance of ADH on the political map of Germany in 2013. no one was taken seriously. Rather, ADH is considered as a normal party of the second echelon, which is able to entice some of gravitating towards right-wing ideas of the voters, but not seriously change the balance of forces in German domestic politics. However, the success of the party in the state election in 2014. - in Saxony, Brandenburg and Thuringia ADG has gained more than 10% - has led many politicians and experts to change their views. What is special about offered its voters the party and so she was able to win so quickly in popularity?
Suggestions of ADG in Economics and Finance in General characteristic of the legal movement. So, ADH professes “extreme euroscepticism”, that is calls not just to reduce the role of the EU in the economic policy of member countries of the Union, but to full autonomy and even to return to national currencies. This will require a significant transformation of the entire European system, including the revision of the Lisbon Treaty.
At the same time interesting views of ADG on social policy. So, ADG aims at the simplification of the tax system and the introduction of the model of progressive taxation, which is typical for left-wing parties. Because the traditional support base for the right is the upper middle class and the entrepreneurs, that there are people with quite high incomes, this proposal looks like a populist.
At the same time, ADH protects the traditional values: family and old age. ADG considers the misuse of funds by German pension funds to cover debts of the Eurozone countries, advocating the protection of family values.
Interesting take on ADH and highly relevant to Europe at present the problem of immigration. The party in the program requires the restriction of the incoming flow and attract only highly qualified and ready for integration of migrants. Such a policy gives opponents of ADH grounds to accuse the party in right-wing extremism and even fascism, but the popularity of the party is not affected - at the moment, ADH is considered the third strongest party in the country.
Thus, we see in the discourse of the “new right” manifested characteristic of their ideology the combination of the left and right elements, and how is their departure from the traditionally right-wing values. It is also indicative and typical of the attitude towards migration policy - ADH, like most of the “new right” is not against migrants in General, and against unskilled and not adapting to the culture of the host country. In this sense, ADG is a good example of how right-wing ideology in Europe is changing under the influence of existing international and domestic trends.
- Kamkin A. K. “Alternative for Germany” as a new element of the party landscape // Modern Europe. 2015. No. 2 (62);
- Kartsev D. A. Third folkspartei. Why "Alternative for Germany" is here to stay [electronic resource]. Access mode: free. URL: https://carnegie.ru/commentary/76183;
- Korosteleva I. N. "Alternative for Germany" as a response to the immigration crisis in Germany, Vestn. Tom. state University. History. 2018. No. 54.
 Kamkin, A. K., “Alternative for Germany” as a new element of the party landscape // Modern Europe. 2015. No. 2 (62).
 D. A. Kartsev Third folkspartei. Why "Alternative for Germany" is here to stay [electronic resource]. Access mode: free. URL: https://carnegie.ru/commentary/76183
 I. N. Korosteleva. "Alternative for Germany" as a response to the immigration crisis in Germany, Vestn. Tom. state University. History. 2018. No. 54.
- 13-04-2020"Black death" was a powerful natural factor of natural selection
- 16-03-2020Chinese remedy for the virus. We helped China to take the epidemic of the coronavirus under the control of
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success