The world will become even more poor
"The most rapidly growing population in the poorest countries of the world, which leads to additional difficulties in the fight against poverty, inequality and hunger, but also undermines efforts to strengthen education systems and health," said Liu Jingmin, Deputy Secretary General of the UN on economic and social issues.
For example, the population of Nigeria from the current 200 million people and experts predict that by 2100 will rise to 700 million people, which will make the country the third largest in the world.
UN experts believe that India can overtake China and take first place in the world in terms of population already in 2027. The population of tropical Africa by 2050 will be doubled.
Why slow down the growth of the world population?
In General, researchers have noted the decline in world fertility rates. If at the beginning of the 20th century, one woman had an average of 6 babies, by 1990 this figure had fallen to 3.2, and according to the latest figures – up to 2.5. According to forecasts, this figure will continue to decline over the next decades to 2050 will be 2.2 m by 2100 and 1.9 that would testify in the direction of reducing the world's population for the next century. The report States that an aging population leads to a decrease in the number of people of working age, which leads to serious problems related to social security of the elderly, pensions.
The report also notes the growth in the number of countries experiencing population decline, linked primarily to the fall in the birth rate. By 2050, in 55 countries, the population reduced by at least 1%. Among them — Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Latvia and Lithuania.
The population of Russia by 2050
According to forecasts, Russia's population on average can be reduced to 135.8 million people by 2050. Assuming a pessimistic forecast by the United Nations, the population of Russia by mid-century will be reduced to 124,6 million people. According to the optimistic forecast, it will be to 147.2 million. By 2078, Russia according to the pessimistic forecast could be reduced up to 99.7 million, according to optimistic – grow to 160 million. The average median value for 2078 years, for Russia is, according to the UN forecast of 127.4 million.
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 02-05-2018Technology: 35-forecasts to 2018
- 22-03-2018"Digital state": how they have evolved
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success