Fidel Castro was the son of the large landowners. Left-wing anti-imperialist views he acquired during his studies at the law faculty of the University of Havana. After participating in rebellions against right-wing governments in the Dominican Republic and Colombia, he attempted to carry out the overthrow of the military junta of President Batista, by an unsuccessful attack on the Moncada military town in 1953.
A year after his release, he went to Mexico, where, together with Che Guevara and his brother raúl organized the revolutionary movement. Returning to Cuba, he led a guerrilla war against the Batista regime, which began with the landings on the coast and move to the mountains of the Sierra Maestra. As the deterioration of the situation of the government, Castro has gradually acquired the authority of the leader of the Cuban revolution, which in 1959 led to the overthrow of Batista and the rise to power of the revolutionaries.
Fidel Castro, many experts have called a great leader. In 1961 he proclaimed the socialist nature of the Cuban revolution. In the end, the island became the first in the Western hemisphere, one-party state under the leadership of the Communist party. Industry and private property were nationalized and in all fields have been large-scale reform.
The last time in public, Fidel Castro appeared in April 2016 at the Congress of the Communist party. Then he called to promote Communist ideas in the country.
According to the will of Fidel Castro, he's cremated, reports channel "Russia 24".
Senator Alexei Pushkov expressed his condolences to the people of Cuba, and noted that the leader of the Cuban revolution will be remembered by the whole world.
- 16-03-2020Chinese remedy for the virus. We helped China to take the epidemic of the coronavirus under the control of
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 02-05-2018Technology: 35-forecasts to 2018
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success