- As an established Chinese President's visit to UAE may affect the future development of relations between the two countries and the situation in the middle East?
- The main outcome of this visit should, in my opinion, considered the decision of the parties on the establishment of the comprehensive strategic partnership between China and the UAE, as well as the signing of documents on cooperation in the implementation of the initiative "Belt and Road".
I would like to note the following. The term "strategic partnership" is quite devalued. In recent years, it is quite often used for formal specifications of relations between any two countries, but for the most part, it's just a sort of "Protocol of intent". In the case of Emirates and China, the situation looks somewhat different - the partnership between the two countries is based on a fairly solid Foundation in the first place - in the field of Finance and investment.
In December 2015, China and the UAE have launched a joint investment Fund in the amount of $ 10 billion, whose funds are directed to projects in the energy sector and high technologies. The Emirates actively working Industrial and commercial Bank of China (ICBC), China construction Bank (CCB), Agricultural Bank of China (ABC) and Bank of China (BOC). In 2016, investors from the UAE have invested in China over $ 2.1 billion, and foreign direct investment of China in the UAE amounted to 4.6 billion. Well, the volume of trade between countries by the end of 2017 amounted to more than 41 billion figure is quite substantial. For comparison, the trade turnover between China and Russia in the same year amounted to 84 billion.
In Beijing view the UAE as one of the key countries for the implementation of the initiative "Belt and Road" and the leadership of the Emirates has demonstrated its willingness to cooperate in this direction. At the same time - providing assistance to China in expanding its presence in the middle East.
- Hu Jintao's visit to the Emirates comes amid the refusal of a number of Asian countries on imports of Iranian oil. Should Iran be afraid of such a step on the part of China, its arrangements for the replacement of Iranian oil supplies from the Gulf monarchies?
- In foreign policy and external economic activities of Beijing, there is one very important caveat. In relations with any government of China focuses on its own interests, and hence conflicts of that state with someone else (even if that "someone" is also a close relationship with China) some fundamental values have not.
By developing its projects with Iran or Qatar, Beijing simultaneously is committed to the development of relations with the same UAE, the Saudis and Israel.
As for the Chinese position in relation to the efforts of the US and its allies concerning the maximum reduction in imports of Iranian oil and generally new sanctions against Tehran - everything is quite clear: Beijing has no plans to reduce imports from Iran and does not intend to curtail its economic projects in the Islamic Republic. Here, of course, has its own nuances, but that's a topic for another conversation.
After UAE, the Chinese leader plans to visit the African continent - Senegal, Rwanda and South Africa. Why are these countries?
- China has been steadily developing Africa, there is slowly expanding their zone of influence. Doing this under the umbrella of the already mentioned several times today I have initiative "Belt and Road". As they say today in Beijing: "China's Progress will bring more opportunities for Africa, and Africa's development will give an impetus to the growth of China". And the same Senegal became one of the first African countries that have signed the agreement with China on cooperation in the framework of this initiative.
As regards, in particular, Rwanda is, among other things, its President, Paul Kagame, is the Chairman of the African Union. And meeting with him, XI Jinping, closely linked to the preparation of the Forum on China-Africa cooperation will be held in September this year in Beijing.
The choice of South Africa for a visit is also quite obvious. In the coming days there will be held the 10th meeting of the BRICS leaders.
In addition, this year marks 20 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. And over the years, the trade turnover between Beijing and Johannesburg had achieved in the past year 39,17 billion, China and South Africa have already implemented a number of major joint projects. So, between the two countries to operate direct flights, the basic financial structure of China established in Johannesburg, branches or representative offices. By the way, South Africa is the largest African country in the number of passing there training Chinese students, the number of existing Confucius institutes (serious tool of "soft power" of China). Moreover, the study of Chinese language is included in the system of public education in this country.
Interviewed Aziz Of Pirimkulov
Source: CA News
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 02-05-2018Technology: 35-forecasts to 2018
- 22-03-2018"Digital state": how they have evolved
- 08-03-2018Welcome to the new world: a map of the opposing blocks of the XXI century
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success