Since 1985 regular units of the armed forces (primarily the army and marine corps) and part of the National guard of the United States routinely trained by the Charter, (Counsel) FM 19-15 "Civil unrest and riots". This normative act defines the tactics of the troops, their rights and obligations, and the nature of interaction with local police forces in the suppression of the riots.
The Charter briefly describes the purpose of the intervention of the Federal government in civil disturbances. as well as the powers of the President in these situations. Specifically stated that participation in riot does not automatically transfer to the armed forces police functions. Their use is only caused by the situation and for a short time. Federal troops are only by order of the President, to quell the unrest formed a temporary task force of ground troops, which is prohibited to transfer the subordination of the local authorities, however, cannot be federalstate and local police. Instruction contains detailed description of the procedure for the use of firearms.
Especially emphasized that the use of firearms is the most extreme security measure and should be based on the principle of minimum damage while performing the tasks. However, regulations prohibit warning shots (soldiers and officers are prohibited from shooting up) — only defeat.
In the Charter are characterized by the specific situation on detention of participants of civil unrest. States that arrest, as a rule, should be by civilian police. If the detention by military personnel, the offenders as quickly as possible should be transferred to civil authorities.
Much attention in the Charter given to the interaction with the media. Working with the media is based on two main principles.
- Making full use of the media in the interests of stabilizing the situation.
- Representatives of the media are allowed everything that does not interfere with the conduct of operations to suppress mass riots.
Charter FM 19-15 "Civil unrest and riots" provides an analysis of possible conditions of civil disorder, their membership and the nature of the probable behavior of the latter. He details reglamentary on the basis of norms of the Constitution and laws of the United States Congress, the conditions of intervention in the conflict the Federal government and establishes the procedure for the involvement of the regular armed forces and transferred to Federal jurisdiction of units of the National guard.
The Charter contains a provision under which management of all military structures involved in the elimination of civil disturbance rests with the Secretary of the army. It also details the approaches to evaluation of information concerning the threat of civil disorder with the aim of timely prevention, the mechanism of action of the forces of the National guard and the regular units of the armed forces for their suppression, as well as the types of military action in the process of elimination of civil unrest.
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 02-05-2018Technology: 35-forecasts to 2018
- 22-03-2018"Digital state": how they have evolved
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success