In the modern calendar there are a lot of memorable dates connected with the tragic pages of world history. But one date that has fallen into the calendar of History in the mid-twentieth century, stands alone. This day has become a symbol of the greatest tragedy and sorrow, a symbol of tenacity and unparalleled courage of people of various Nations and nationalities, trapped by fate in the dungeons of the fascist death camps during the Second world war. It is about 11 April 1945.
On this day, the International clandestine Resistance Committee, which operated from 1943. in Buchenwald – one of the most terrible Nazi death camps, gave the order to start an armed uprising.
According to historians in Germany and the occupied countries there were more than 14 thousand concentration camps, prisons and ghettos scattered throughout Europe. During the war they went through about 18 million people. Of these, more than 11 million were destroyed. One only Buchenwald in total, it took about 250 thousand people from 33 countries, about 56 thousand of which were killed, and the number of victims of Auschwitz by some estimates close to a half million.
To the beginning of his speech at Buchenwald in the Committee of Resistance, there were about 200 clandestine cells. Along with other prisoners in them were more than 850 of captured soldiers and officers of the red army. Thanks to a clear plan for the liberation of all concentration camps from the insurgents took less than an hour. So, to capture the camp gates and destruction were there from the SS to the prisoners it took about twenty minutes. This difficult problem has been solved by fighters under the leadership of pilot Hero of the Soviet Union captain Valentin Sitnov.
Only on the morning of 13 April to the American troops reached Buchenwald. To this point over the camp of the rebels was already raised a Red flag.
More than 21 thousand prisoners, including 914 children, the youngest of whom is barely four years old, were saved from destruction.
Largely thanks to a daring performance of those whom they regarded as a dumb and submissive slave, the Nazis did not manage to cover the traces of their terrible crimes and the testimony of prisoners have reached international Nuremberg Tribunal. April 11 — the day of the beginning of the uprising in Buchenwald in 1945. and was later adopted by the UN as the date when the planet celebrates the "international day of liberation of prisoners of Nazi concentration camps".
1. "Keine Kameraden..." or Untermenschen 6
2. Who Convention, and who and fiction.. 26
3. Human "enemies". 31
4. The log in the eye of the European 38..
A list of sources used 43..
- 13-04-2020"Black death" was a powerful natural factor of natural selection
- 16-03-2020Chinese remedy for the virus. We helped China to take the epidemic of the coronavirus under the control of
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success