"This territory belongs to no one,' said Admiral James Foggo, commander, U.S. Navy in Europe and Africa and head of the combined allied forces of NATO in Naples. — It should be free access to all countries of the Arctic Council, which we are a member".
China is not a member of the Arctic Council, although it received the status of "observer" in 2013. Beijing hopes to use the Northern shipping route, which is opened due to the melting of the ice. "They [the Chinese] want to make sure that they have the opportunity to cross the North pole and to perform trade transportation", — said Foggo, in an interview for "the Washington eksaminer" and other publications.
Foggo predicts that between Beijing and Moscow will persist disagreement: "I'm not sure that this private interest [of China] is shared by Russia. We see an active joint work of China and Russia, but Russians call the Arctic region their territory. In fact, it is an international territory, therefore we are interested in the fact that it remains free and open."
Joel Gerke (Joel Gehrke)
- 13-04-2020"Black death" was a powerful natural factor of natural selection
- 16-03-2020Chinese remedy for the virus. We helped China to take the epidemic of the coronavirus under the control of
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success