The Navy is exploring possibilities to expand operations in the far North. At this step, Washington went in connection with climate change — melting glaciers may open new oceanic waterway. The publication writes that this has led to tensions in the region.
One of the actions the U.S. Navy will be sending in the coming months, the warship through the Arctic waters in the so-called operations freedom of navigation.
On 17 December it was reported that the U.S. Coast guard refused from the exercise in the Arctic for fear of asking for help from Russia in case of failure of the only U.S. heavy icebreaker. As noted by Business Insider, the US has problems with the development of the region due to the lack of icebreakers, while Russia has dozens of such courts.
Earlier, the head of the US Navy Richard Spencer said that Russia increases its presence in the Arctic, explaining the research and rescue operations. "I think we also need to look for, what to investigate and whom to save", he concluded.
- 13-04-2020"Black death" was a powerful natural factor of natural selection
- 16-03-2020Chinese remedy for the virus. We helped China to take the epidemic of the coronavirus under the control of
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success