It is worth noting that the local increase in water temperature was recorded 5 years ago that slightly violated the marine ecosystem of the West coast of the USA and influenced the spawning salmon. Now this area has grown to gigantic proportions. A huge heat wave extends from the coast of Alaska South to the coast of California.
According to experts from the National oceanic and atmospheric administration (NOAA), marine heat waves — is a phenomenon in which the temperature of the water in a particular area are 90% warmer than the same area in the previous measurement. New heat wave could become the biggest in history. The previous "record holder" heat wave Blob, was the cause of the toxic algae bloomthat led to the deaths of sea lions and nearly destroyed the population of whales that were forced to move closer to shore.
This in itself is one of the most significant events that we have seen, ' said Andrew Leising, researcher at NOAA. Cold water rising from the ocean depths along the coast, still held the heat wave and allowed it to spread. However, for some reason it's not enough. A heat wave can move closer to the shore and affect the temperature on the coast.
If in the near future of marine heat wave dissipates, then in the next year or two, the warm water will penetrate to great depths, which will lead to devastating consequences for the local fauna Current projections show that within several months can occur an even greater increase in temperature.
The key question is how long the new heat wave will last. Depend on it, and the consequences of its impact on the marine ecosystem. In any case, the progress in this direction is already there. For example, according to some estimates, migration routes, and populations of sea lions begin to decline. Also recorded a decrease in the number of crabs and shellfish. And this is the initial part of the food chain. So the extinction of crabs and shellfish can turn into a real environmental disaster. We often write articles on topics of ecology, so in order to not propositie — subscribe to our Telegram channel.
But what can you do? At the moment, scientists have no clear answer. On the one hand with something like that during heat waves the Blob people have faced, but all of the measures that can be applied today, aimed at treating "symptoms" and not the "disease". Environmentalists have begun a major campaign to rescue several marine animals and destruction of toxic algae in order to avoid repetition of the situation five years ago. Otherwise, we can only hope that the heat wave will come to naught and the local flora and fauna will be back to normal.
- 13-04-2020"Black death" was a powerful natural factor of natural selection
- 16-03-2020Chinese remedy for the virus. We helped China to take the epidemic of the coronavirus under the control of
- 14-06-2019The electronic state of the future
- 11-03-2019How to change the world, when the Earth's population will reach 10 billion
- 09-09-2018Le Monde (France): We come to the point where globalization is too expensive
- 04-07-2012Russia cooking oil blockade and the collapse of the scenario of the 80-ies
- 23-12-2012The Vedic understanding of state policy
- 22-11-2013In the archives of the "world government"
- 08-01-2014Of a mega-Church and their communication strategies
- 08-11-2012The main threat to peace or a recipe for success